Course Description: NRA Basic Pistol Shooting
Course length: 8 hours plus range time and breaks
Tuition: $175 plus $25 range use fee
Next Class: None Scheduled
Location: Ridgway, CO (exact location given after registration)
Objective: To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
Who should attend: Anyone seeking to learn the basics of handgun use. This course is NOT designed to teach armed self defense and is not sufficient to obtain your concealed handgun permit. As the name suggests, this is a BEGINNER’s course.
Course Goal: Students will learn NRA’s rules for
- Safe gun handling
- Pistol and revolver parts and their function
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Range rules
- Various shooting positions: Bench rest, two handed and standing positions
- Cleaning the pistol
- Opportunities and training exercises to help you continue your skills development and reinforce all that you have learned in class.
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
- Course completion certificate.
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
What to bring:
We provide the firearms, ammunition, safety gear and learning materials. Students should bring:
- Identification (drivers license, state issued ID card is OK).
- Notebook and something to write with.
- 100-150 rounds of ammunition for your handgun
- Sack lunch
- Questions! Bring ’em with you, please.
- Please wear comfortable, sturdy shoes (you’ll thank us come range time!), jacket if warranted for the day’s weather, brimmed hat to keep the sun off your eyes and brass off your head.
Click here to register for this class.