The NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home course develops the basic knowledge, skills and attitude essential to the safe and effective use of a handgun for personal protection of yourself and your family along with providing information on the law abiding persons right to self-defense outside in real world situations. This course is an advanced program for persons who have completed Basic Pistol and/or Personal Protection in the Home and who have a current conceal carry permit issued by their state.
Our team of NRA Certified Instructors along with a State certified Conceal Weapon instructors will co-teach this 9 hour Basic course and 5-hour Advance course.
Self-Defense and the Laws of Deadly Force for your state are covered along with the aftermath of a justified self-defense shooting. Practical exercises in advanced gun handling skills, safety strategies and planning for how to respond to or avoid potential threats in public. Proven advice on firearm selections, carry options and ammunition choices along with additional equipment options (cell phones, lights, etc.) will be covered in the class.
Course length: 16 hours plus range time and breaks
Tuition: $175 plus $25 range use fee
Class Prerequisite: for this course is the NRA Basic Personal Protection Inside the Home course. Please see the course description on this course information.
Topics covered include:
- Concealed Carry Techniques
- Presentation of a Firearm from Concealment (Holster and/or Purse)
- Defensive Shooting Skills and Strategies
- Handgun Safety
- Legal Aspects of Gun Ownership and Self-Defense
- The Aftermath of a Defensive Shooting
This course combines classroom instruction along with live fire range time with up to 300 rounds fired. Survival4Chicks & Dudes2 provides all targets and needed documentation along with the NRA course materials.
What to bring:
Students should bring:
- 300 rounds ammo for handgun
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Concealed handgun permit
- Holster to fit your gun
- Extra magazines for your gun
- Belt sturdy enough to hold your gun and holster
- Identification (drivers license, state issued ID card is OK).
- Notebook and something to write on.
- Sack lunch
- Questions! If you do some research prior to class, and have some questions, bring them to class for discussion.
Click here to register for this class.