The NRA Personal Protection in the Home course develops the basic knowledge, skills and attitude essential to the safe and effective use of a handgun for the protection of yourself and your family, along with providing information on your legal right to self-defense in the home.
This course is designed to develop safety plans and strategies for the home which encompass all family members, young and old.
Course length: 8 hours plus range time and breaks
Tuition: $110 plus $25 range use fee
Next Class: none scheduled
Class Prerequisite: for this course is the NRA Basic Pistol course.
Topics covered include:
- Defensive Shooting Safety
- Rules for Safe Gun Storage
- Mental Preparations and Defensive Mindset
- Developing Defensive Shooting Skills, Shooting Positions and Cover/Concealment
- Self-defense and the Laws of Deadly Force
- Aftermath of a justified defensive shooting
- Advanced weapon handling skills
- Safety strategies
- Avoiding potential threats around your home
- Responding to potential threats around your home
- Firearm selection
- Ammunition choices
- Use of peripheral equipment (ie lights, cell phones, etc)
This course combines classroom instruction along with live fire range time with approximately 100 rounds fired. Survival4Chicks &Dudes2 provides all targets and needed documentation along with the NRA course materials.
What to bring:
Students should bring:
- 100-150 rounds of ammunition for handgun
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Identification (drivers license, state issued ID card is OK).
- Notebook and something to write on.
- Sack lunch
- Questions! If you do some research prior to class, and have some questions, bring them to class for discussion.
Click here to register for this class.